Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Entrepreneurship describes the establishment of new organizations or the revitalization of mature organizations in response to a perceived business opportunity.
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) by KGIET was started with the objective of promoting specialized knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship development. In view of the worldwide shortage of jobs (both government and private sectors) leading to unemployment problems and lack of proper utilization of human resources; the cell strives to identify talented youth to entrepreneurial works. The cell plans to organize various programmes regarding entrepreneurship development.
Objectives of the cell
Creating awareness among the students of the University and the educated unemployed youth of the western region in India regarding the entrepreneurship as a career option.
Conduct training programmes in the field of entrepreneurial skill development Develop entrepreneurship related course curriculum to incorporate in management and engineering programmes. Provide guidance and facilities to first time entrepreneurs during gestation.
AICTE approved establishment of regular EDC which acts as an institutional mechanism to provide services to budding entrepreneurs.
- Sensitize students on entrepreneurship at induction stage & orientation to the students.
- Conduct awareness programmes in house and other institutes.
- Enhancing industry institute interaction through guest lectures and industry visits.
- Conduct programmes on idea generation & business plan preparation and skill development.
- Sensitization Programme on Entrepreneurship Development.
- Training Programme on Setting up Small Scale Industrial Unit in Collaboration with District Industries and Commerce Center.
- Advisory Board comprising of Dr. S. M. Kherde, Principal KGIET, Chairman, EDC; senior officials from Government, Research & development institutions, Industry associations, Financial institutions & Industries is constituted.
To setup an Incubation center, convert job seekers into job providers & meet the national goals in entrepreneurship